F.W. King, LL.M., is the founder and managing director of the law firm King Rechtskundig Adviseurs N.V, based in Paramaribo, and King Juridisch Adviseurs, B.V, based in Leiden. From 1987 to 1992, King studied political science and international law, specialising in immigration law, at VU University Amsterdam. He then completed traineeships at two law firms specialising in immigration law.
• From 1982 up to and including 1990, King worked as a journalist for several daily papers and periodicals.
• From 1992 to 1995, he worked as a social studies teacher at several pre-university schools.
• In 2005, he was a guest lecturer at the Anton de Kom University in Paramaribo, Surinam.
• Between 2006 and 2008, he wrote columns for the Surinam daily paper ‘De Ware Tijd.’
• F.W. King, LL.M., is the co-author of the 2004 book: ‘Beyond a reasonable doubt, opstellen over vreemdelingenrecht en politiek’.
Ever since 1993, F.W. King, LL.M., has advocated the interests of his clients related to residency before the courts and other legal authorities. His clients, who hold a residency interest in the Netherlands, include:
• Foreign counsellors
• Ordinary citizens
• Refugees, from all parts of the world
In 2010, he pleaded before the three-judge criminal division of the Court of Appeal of Surinam in Paramaribo to prosecute the then incumbent Surinam Minister of Justice and Police for involvement in human trafficking.
In 2014, he successfully appeared in Amsterdam District Court in support of anti-Black Pete activists, where the court ruled that the figure of Black Pete negatively enforces stereotypes of black people.
F.W. King, L.L. M. has been an active member of the International Bar Association (I.B.A.). for over 10 years. In addition, he has been an active member of the Dutch Mediators Association and Foundation Register Mediator.
In 2016, eight clients have rated the legal services of King Juridisch Adviseurs with an average of 8.8 out of 10.
1. “Alida Camarena de Williams, from Dominican Republiek, Groningen 2016: She rates our service a 10 out 10, our professionalism a 10 out of 10, and the achieved result a 10 out of 10. The costs are rather steep; however, Mr King is good at his job.”
2. “Rembrandt van Sprundel, from Belgium, Berlicum 2016: He rates our service an 8 out of 10, our professionalism an 8 out of 10, and the achieved result a 9 out of 10. When something has been actioned and there is no reaction from the client, he sends weekly chaser e-mails to verify if a result has been achieved.”
3. “Firas Maoiloud Kazem, from Irak, Vlaardingen 2017: He rates our service an 8 out of 10, our professionalism a 7 out of 10, and the achieved result a 9 out of 10. King is good.”
4. “Mladenko Golubovic, from Bosnië, Zutphen 2016: He rates our service a 9 out of 10, our professionalism an 8 out of 10, and the achieved result a 10 out of 10. I am extremely happy with the services provided by yourself. I am happy that I am able to pay the costs in monthly instalments. Your professionalism has led to an excellent result, we won our case, and I will, therefore, recommend you as legal advisor.”
5. “Amit Saltani, from Suriname, Den Haag 2016: He rates our service a 7 out of 10, our professionalism a 9 out of 10, and the achieved result an 8 out of 10. Clear, but expensive.”
6. “Vesna Randjelovic from Serbia, Katwijk 2016: She rates our service an 8 out of 10, our professionalism a 10 out of 10, and the achieved result a 10 out of 10. She has no further comments.”
7. “Henry Milan from Suriname, Leiden 2016: He rates our service a 9 out of 10, our professionalism a 9 out of 10, and the achieved result a 9 out of 10. The service provided was effortless, but the costs are rather steep.”
8. “Janine Peters from South Africa, Johannesburg 2016. She rates our service an 8 out of 10, our professionalism an 8 out of 10, and the achieved result a 6 out of 10. The legal service you offer is efficient and well-learned – your advice and expertise are good and the fees are reasonable if you can gain a result within a year otherwise it becomes an expensive exercise.”